mercoledì 20 dicembre 2017

VERBI MODALI IN INGLESE

MODAL VERB

USO

ESEMPIO

CAN

Capacità (di fare qualcosa)

Permesso/Richiesta

I can swim (so nuotare)

Can I use your car, please?

COULD

Capacità nel passato (passato di can)


Permesso/richiesta (più educata)


Suggerimento


Probabilità

I couldn't swim (non ero capace a nuotare)


Could I use your car, please?


We could go to the park


He could be at home now

MAY

Permesso/richiesta educata

Probabilità (più probabile di “could”)

May I use your car, please?

She may be at home

MIGHT

Stesso uso di “may”


SHOULD

Consiglio

Probabilità reale

You should go to the doctor

He should be at home now

MUST

Obbligo

Probabilità molto elevata

You must go to school

He must be at home now

SHALL

Obbligo in documenti ufficiali


Suggerimento/invito

You shall pay a fine of 100 dollars

Shall we dance?

WILL

Azione volontaria

Promessa

Previsione

I will help you with homework

I will call you at 9 p.m.

Tomorrow it will be sunny

WOULD

Condizionale


Passato di “will”


Azione continuata nel passato

If I had money, I would buy a boat

He said he would come

When I lived in Rome, I would always go to Villa Borghese


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento